Internet of Things-Smart Bus System Solution
Internet of Things-Smart Bus System
IFARSYS Internet of Things - Smart Bus System (IOT-SBS), a satellite, internet, Wireless, RFID and Sensors remote real-time monitoring based communications technology, is used to improve the tracking and monitoring of buses, collection of data and communication between Bus Operator, its drivers and passengers. Completed in 2016, the IFARSYS IOT-IBS system allows Transit Operators to greatly improve real-time surveillance and scheduling because of the valuable Big Data generated on ridership on each bus-stops and route efficiency. There are several components that provide operators with Big-Date to improve bus schedules add or reduce buses as dictated by ridership and track buses in the event of an emergency. IFARSYS IOT-SBS can also be a vital statistical provider during present and future restructuring initiatives. With the use of SBS, Operator can collect data in quantities that until now were impossibly cost-prohibitive, which will lead to great improvements in suburban public transportation.
Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD)
The CAD function provides for data and voice communication that can be generated by the dispatchers, mobile users (to replace voice communications) or it can be generated by the system, for example, to provide vehicle status information.
Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL)
The AVL function uses Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers on-board the buses to provide real-time vehicle location to the dispatchers on map displays and to the on-board functions such as the automated next stop audio and visual announcements. AVL is also the enabler of the IFARSYS Bus Tracker. Based on the data provided by the AVL function, riders can access IFARSYS Bus Tracker via the internet to obtain real-time data on bus arrival times. The AVL function also interacts with other databases to monitor and report each bus's Schedule and Route Adherence. The AVL function improves communication between Operator staff and between bus operator and its riders, which enables all parties to make informed decisions.
Automatic Passenger Counters (APC)
Using two double-eye Cameras and two sensors, front door and back door, Private Protocol connect with Counter Host that detect and record passengers boarding and alighting the buses. Combined with AVL location data, IFARSYS smart host can record the number of passengers boarding and alighting buses at each bus stop. Data is storage in Hard disk or SD card. This feature provides Operators with big-data that improves planning.
On Board Surveillance (OBS)
IFARSYS MDVR MD714 is also an on-board video surveillance system for on-board buses that increases the safety of both passengers and drivers through the use of CCTV cameras as a crime deterrent and an aid in police investigations. The mobile DVR continuously record with the option of day/night and IR recording. MDVR and cameras was built to withstand the vibrations and temperature changes of the bus environment. Data is storage in Hard disk or SD card, Operator can playback the record data for analyzing.
Remote Management Platform (RMP)
Built-in 3G/4G-LTE module, IFARSYS Mobile DVR can transfer the data via wireless, Operator can fleet check or record the real time video and counter data in computer which installed IFAR client software. Operator can do some setting with this mobile device management platform; IFARSYS also supply Android and IOS app of IFAR Client, user can check the real time video by mobile phone.
Why need Automatic Passenger Counters (APC)
APC is much important for Smart Bus System; it makes the city public transport more efficiently and economical. Passengers complain its traffic and cannot find any bus on some bus stops and some time point, and some time, buses coming frequently but no passengers, it would lead to the unreasonable allocation of resources, causing waste of public resources and inefficient.
IOT-SBS is the suitable way to solve this problem, APC help the transit Operator to know when, where and how many passenger as the counter record all precise Big-Data, which assist Operator to analyze and make route planning
The Position of address spanning from AVL of Google Map, for city bus, it can be customized with bus stop names.
How to install and setting APC
Mobile DVR with Passenger Counter Packing
Door Sensors connect
A set door senser with two parts, one part mounted on door and another mounted on door frame, it's switch for Counter Camera, when bus stop and door is open, the two parts of senseor separated, then the counter camera start work, and it off work when door closed as the two sensers folded.
Find out the 16P cable harness from the packaging box and focus on AL1 and AL2 white color wire. AL1 is for counting camera No.1. AL2 is for counting camera No.2.
AL1 and AL2 are for signal connection. Find out the +12 V wire from the cable harness and connect to counting camera.
Double-Eye Counter Camera connect
Install counting camera on top of the door
Find the suitable point on top of the door
1. If the bus has 2 doors, then use 2 counting cameras. If one door please only connect counting camera No.1.
2. Vertical principle. It requires to face the counting camera vertical toward the ground. Use the bracket to adjust until it is vertical. The minimum angle for each single adjustment is 2.5 degree for the easiest adjustment purpose.
3. There are 4 holes on the back of the counting camera for easy fix purse by screw. M2.5 X 5 screw is recommended. This design is for easy fixing by means of other tools such as normal camera bracket, customized boom etc.
4. Make sure the counting camera is fixed on the center of the top with range 220 centimeter (minimum) from top to pedal.
5. For good performance, the lens should be selected according to target vehicle. Firm and stable feature are high demanded for the camera installation.
Passenger Counter Setting
Setting Tools : iFARPC Client only use for setting Counter Cameras, no need open again after setted. Connect PC and MDVR MD714 with RJ45 cable, then start to set it.
How to setting the Passenger Counter Software
1. Input IP 192.168.0.192. Input port 6008 and press Connect button.
2. Press Parameter Setting (below picture) to do setting for door sensor.
3. Check the door power output, if more than 5 volt, then set it High Level. (below picture can be example)
4. Finally press Set device parameter button to save the setting.
Here is the example for low level.
If the door power output is less than 5 volt after checking, then it is low level. Set up time zones,delay shutdown ,etc as follow.
GSM/3G/4G-LTE Sim card setting
This is GSM card solution. Find out the APN, User name and Password for this GSM/3G/4G-LTE Sim card by Google, Telephone or other ways. Input the correct information. Below picture is one good example.
After setting please press Set Device Parameter button to save setting.
THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP
The most important step is to save the image of each counting channel.
1. Please press Refresh Image button before starting to test the accuracy.
2. After pressing Save Image button the accuracy test can be started.
3. The tip is to make sure No block and no other stuffs before pressing the Refresh Image button.
4. If the environment has no change, no need to press Refresh button anymore after setting, until there are new changes. For example, the owner of the bus fleet wants to add one fixing junk bin inside the counting range.
5. Make sure the CORRECT connection for Channel 1 and Cam 1. The same as to Channel 2, 3, 4 and Cam 2, 3, 4. Make sure no wrong connection. Here is one good example to quickly test whether it is correct.
Example: Stand under the counting camera Channel 1 and Channel 2. Then press the Refresh Image button to see whether there is a block(caused by the head of testing person). If yes, then correct. Obviously Channel 2 is correct. Below picture is good example.
6. Finally make sure the Camera parameter sticker matches the same number showed on setting.
Server IP, Server port，Device ID setting